UPDATED: Man arrested in connection with sexual grooming

Norfolk Constabulary can confirm that earlier today (Sunday 7 January) officers arrested a man from the Swaffham area in connection with online sexual grooming.

The man, aged in his 30s, was arrested at 5pm this afternoonfollowing allegations made by members of the public.

The man remains in police custody and will be questioned by officers in due course.

Officers had initially attended an address in the town following reports of a disturbance. Subsequently, a group of five people provided police with information around grooming offences.

A police spokesman said, “Following information received by members of the public an arrest has been made. Initially officers believed they were attending a public order incident following a call made to the police. At scene and after speaking with all concerned the true nature of the incident was established.

“Can I take this opportunity to remind people that once an arrest has been made criminal proceedings are active and the rules of the court need to be followed in order to ensure that the investigation is not negatively impacted upon.”

Anyone who has information relating to online sexual grooming should contact Norfolk Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

UPDATED 08/01/2018

Norfolk Police have charged a 35-year-old man in connection with sexual grooming offences following a sting by Standing Together For Our Kids

Adam Greenacre, from the Swaffham area, has been charged with 3 counts of attempting to groom a girl under the age of 16 and 1 count of attempting to engage in sexual communication with a girl under the age of 16

Greenacre has been remanded in police custody to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court tomorrow morning (Tuesday 9 January).

Source: Norfolk Police Image: Kieran (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)

UPDATED 10/01/2018

Appearing via videolink from Kings Lynn Police Investigation Centre (PIC), Greenacre indicated not guilty pleas to all charges. The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on February 6. He was remanded in custody until the next hearing.